Monday, October 18, 2010
mor•a•to•ri•um: A period of time during which a certain activity is not allowed or required.
The older I get the more agitated I become about some things. Here are a few in my opinion that need at least a 100-year moratorium.
• It Is What It Is: Everything has a rhyme or reason; nothing ever is what it is, although we would like it to be.
• At The End of the Day: Sigh!
• Hater: Nowadays, when you have an opinion that’s considered unpopular, you get called a hater. Gone are the days of just not liking it just because you don’t like it.
• Swag: Find another word to describe your personal style please!
• Skinny Jeans on dudes: Who knew nut huggers would become a fashion craze.
• Sagging Pants: It is an unpleasant and unfortunate experience to be in the grocery store walking behind some dude with his Joe Boxers exposed.
• Wearing pajamas bottoms in public: When did this become okay? You wear PJ’s in the house not to the 7-11.
• Criminal Celebrities: Yeah, I know that they’re human. So am I (Thanks Val!)
• Guilt Criticism: Speaking negatively about somebody that is doing what you wish you were doing. Get off your ass and make something happen. You don’t work you don’t eat, let them live and be great.
• Media Nut jobs: Glen Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter and all them.
• Bad Customer Service: Do you really need to be texting while I’m trying to pay for my items?
• Bad black men/women relationships (romantic or non): We need to exercise better communication and a mutual respect for similarities and differences. It’s building time.
• Trey Songz: If I wanted to hear yodeling I’d listen to Bluegrass.
• High Fructose Corn Syrup: Keep it out of your body!
Add to the list. What else needs a moratorium in your opinion?